[PLUG-TALK] DIY Garage Bay Rental

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:19:10 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jun 2014, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
>
>> What is parafin and why is it a problem?
>
> Denis,
>
>    It's a wax, and waxes do not lubricate like oils do.
>
> Rich

Paraffin is the popular term for "candle wax" kind of stuff.  My
understanding is that almost all motor oils are refined from
paraffinic crude oil.  The longer chain paraffins are removed.  So are
saying that the usual brands do not remove enough of them, thereby
producing an inferior product?  How do you judge which oil is better
than another?  Most of what I can find is marketing hype.

-Denis