[PLUG-TALK] Laptop Repair Recommendations

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 10 02:57:59 UTC 2014

   I brought the Sony Vaio to CompRite near Mall 205 and quickly learned that
they haven't a clue. The laptop is stuck at the logo screen; infrequently
making it to the LILO prompt. Their recommendation was to replace the hard
drive. I guess that's the Windows/Apple way.

   Anywho, I know some folks have asked here about competent repair shops and
I'd appreciate recommendations from thow who have recent experience. I used
to go to Northwest Computer Repair in southeast Beaverton but I don't know
if they're even in business any longer. That's how long it's been since I've
needed hardware diagnostics and repair on a portable.

TIA,