[PLUG-TALK] Firefox-24.6: Changing Tab Order

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 08:42:14 PDT 2014

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 08:14:11 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>In earlier versions of firefox I could change the order of open tabs by
>left-clicking on one and move it while holding down that button. When
>the button was released the tab would be in the new position.
>
>Now, the moved tab snaps back to where it was. PITA.
>
>My Web searches find only references to earlier versions of firefox where
>the above procedure worked. I've no idea why firefox took away this
>ability, or hid it somewhere I've not found, but if you know how to
>move tabs to a new position on the tab bar, please share that
>knowledge with me.

Which version are you talking about?

The Help > About info says I have 30.0, also known as Firefox 1.0 for
Ubuntu. I just left-click on a tab and drag it to where I want it,
including to other Firefox windows if desired. If they have removed
this feature in your version I'd like to know so I can decline the
update when it appears.

Meantime, check for extensions. There may be one that restores the old
functionality.