[PLUG-TALK] memory designations and suggestions

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 15:50:11 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Russell Senior
<russell at personaltelco.net> wrote:

> I usually just look at crucial.com
>
> You can use their "Crucial Advisor Tool", to pick the Manufacturer,
> Product Line and Model, and it'll tell you what kind of modules you
> want/need.  Then you can either buy the modules from them, or take the
> specs to a different vendor.
>

> --
> Russell Senior, President
> russell at personaltelco.net

Thanks for the link.  It is a great resource for those like me who do
not keep up-to-date on all the terms, options, and specs.

Now I have three options: Upgrade from 2GB to 4GB for $40, to 6GB for
$72, to 8GB for $144.  These last two choices have a CAS latency (CL)
of 6.  For CL of 5 $72/$144 become $80/$160.  I do not know what the
CL is of the existing 2GB, but unless it is 5 the purchase of the CL 5
memory makes no sense.

-Denis