[PLUG-TALK] Is Google searching more shallowly lately?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 15 12:49:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, 14 May 2014, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Time to crowdsource a new search engine.

Keith,

   I gave up on google a long time ago and have been highly satisfied with
the search results produced by duckduckgo. Most of my searches are for
environmental (chemical and biological) data, statistical models, and
similar technical topics not of interest to average (or median) Joe and Jane
Doe.

   Every now and then duckduckgo cannot come up with a large number of links
so it suggests google or another search engine.

   My secondary search engine is lxquick.

   Both duckduckgo and lxquick keep no records of my searchs or track me in
any way. I value that. And, while I have adblock in firefox I have not
explicitly added it to opera or chromium, but I am not presented with ads
when using duckduckgo or lxquick.

Happy searching,