[PLUG-TALK] Google Self-Driving Car

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed May 28 12:44:38 PDT 2014

On Wed, 28 May 2014 12:20:49 -0700
Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com> dijo:

>Google announces self-driving car:
>
>http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-google-self-driving-car-20140528-story.html
>
>In related news, Microsoft announced a self-flattening pedestrian.
>
>I don't think it is possible to safely drive a car without discerning
>the intent of other people.  Maybe not even then:

That is precisely the problem. Self-driving cars could be here now, but
they must co-exist with manually driven cars. If all cars were
self-driving they could communicate with each other and negotiate safe
passage for all. But throw one manually driven car into the mix and
everything becomes impossible to predict.