[PLUG-TALK] Hacking in TV SHows

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Nov 25 03:10:59 UTC 2014

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Herrington <herda05 at gmail.com> writes:

Daniel> I haven't done computer forensics, but is that essentially how
Daniel> it works? I can't think of another way to chase a hacker in real
Daniel> time through across multiple domains through the internet? Is
Daniel> there some other way I'm just ignorant of?

To the extent this is possible, it would most likely rely on the
real-time penetration of the networks in use.  Presumably, many if not
most large networks worldwide are penetrated this way by the NSA et al.
That is, compromised routers or midspan fiber taps, that can snarf
passing traffic.  E.g. the fiber tap in the secret room at the AT&T
building in SF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A.  You identify
the host, then you see what else is talking to that host and backtrack.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net