[PLUG-TALK] Stupid UI errors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Nov 30 14:51:51 UTC 2014

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

>  username: 'MichaelRpdx' is an illegal username. A valid username must be
>  ASCII, only contain lowercase alphanumeric characters, and must start
>  with a letter.
>
> They don't know how to coerce to lower case? Is there input sanitation equally lame?

Michael,

   I thought that all linux/*BSD/UNIX users defaulted to only lowercase
letters as a matter of principle. Perhaps fedora makes that assumption, too,
and so does not check.

   Regardless, I appreciate your frustration at their lame, too narrow
expectation. It is analagous as those ISPs who reject spam reports to their
spam address because the report contains spam.

Hope your holiday weekend is otherwise relaxing and satisfying,