[PLUG-TALK] The IP Address Fandango

Dale Snell ddsnell at frontier.com
Mon Oct 13 16:57:01 UTC 2014

On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 09:42:33 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2014, Dale Snell wrote:
>
> > You're not the only one they do this to. A while back, they were
> > changing mine every half hour on the half hour. I've no idea why.
>
> Dale,
>
>    That's interesting. But, they've stopped changing your IP address
> now?

Hard to say.  The wall wart powering my DSL modem is dying, so I don't
leave it on for long.  This messes up the modem's logs, so I can't
really tell what Frontier is doing.  Given that the modem is off most
of the day, they do change my IP address.  One of the errands I need
to run today is to find a replacement wall wart.

--Dale

--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
rigged demo.  --Andy Finkel, computer guy