[PLUG-TALK] TPP

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Thu Apr 16 13:12:00 PDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 11:12:19AM -0700, Galen Seitz wrote:

> If you are opposed(or support, if you must) to the proposed
> Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement, now would be a good time to contact
> Senator Wyden.
>
> <http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ssf/2015/04/ron_wyden_close_to_deal_on_fas.html>
> <http://www.wyden.senate.gov/contact>
> <https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp>

Thank's, Galen, here is what I sent:
--------------
NO to secret meetings and "fast track" legislation.  TPP may kill
the future for thousands of small Oregon startups that could be
giants of international commerce by mid-century.  Unless you kill
them with more atrocities like the DMCA, to provide life support
for politically powerful but antiquated oligopolies.

Do you want to be remembered as the senator who transformed the
United States into Argentina?  Domestic laws that prop up favored
international corporations at the expense of new ideas and markets
are herbicides that protect old growth, but kill the new growth
that defines the future.  Give your constituents information and
freedom, not restrictions, and your legacy will be an Oregon that
is a model for the future, not a mausoleum of the past.

I /love/ free trade.  FREE, not managed, not change-resistant, not
picking winners and losers with legislation.  I trade with some of
Asia's largest companies - and home businesses in Hong Kong.
Tomorrow's multinational giants are kitchen tables today.  Protect
a Montgomery Wards, and kill an Amazon.  Protect Disney, kill
Google.  Instead, protect the right of Americans to choose
intelligently, and we will choose intelligently in November 2016.

It is a pity that I am required to choose a title from a long
list that does not include "Citizen" or "None of the Above".
"Honorable" might do, but it is doubtful that anyone in D.C.
honors a mere citizen, and the title is self-contradicting
when appropriated by the current crop of rascals.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com