[PLUG-TALK] freedom loss

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Thu Feb 5 00:46:05 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 05:54:12PM -0800, Russell Johnson wrote:
> > On Feb 3, 2015, at 15:32, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> >   That looks like the same lawyer-written boundary as the sign I recently
> > saw in a retail store: "We card anyone who looks under 40." Really? When the
> > drinking/cigarette buying age is 21? Sheesh!
>
> There are a lot of places that now card everyone, no matter their apparent age.

Especially places that were lax and got fined by the OLCC.
We were once in a restaurant that refused to serve my 70 something, looks her
age, mother in law.  House rule was no card, no beer.

We thought it was silly.  I thought it was disgusting when the server tried to
lay the blame on the OLCC.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity