[PLUG-TALK] Web Site Date Recognition

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 4 20:00:48 UTC 2015

On Sun, 4 Jan 2015, Micah Cowan wrote:

> I've alway assumed it's a year's span, myself. It'd seem odd to receive
> the report in, say, Oct 2014, and then expect to be able to acquire
> another just 2-3 months later. Maybe worth checking the language of the
> applicable law?

Micah,

   Why? If the two requests are in different calendar years it should not
make any difference to anyone.

> Of course, as I understand it, you could also apply for a loan you don't
> expect approval for, and would then be entitled to a copy upon rejection...

   In my case it was a bank putting someone else's delinquent account on my
credit reports. It took over a year to resolve this; my attorney said it was
the most frustrating case he's ever had. According to the final agreement
(and I had to pay them to get them to remove the item), they were supposed
to notify all 4 credit reporting bureaus to remove that account and to send
me copies of their letters. Hasn't happened. I need to see whether the
alternate approach to getting that account cleared actually worked.

   The bank will remain un-identified (it's one considered too big to jail)
and consistently has the lowest ratings, by far, in surveys by the American
Banking Association.