[PLUG-TALK] Kill The K-Cup

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Fri Jan 30 20:47:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:03:21PM -0800, jakim fett wrote:
> As an alternative to completely dumping the k-cup system (which, to be
> honest, is pretty slick), a combination of a re-usable k-cup
> <http://www.ekobrew.com/> and a small hardware hack
> <http://www.keurighack.com/> (to fool the machine into working) might be
> the ticket.

Excellent bit of simple hackery.  I wonder if the Business Coffee
Alliance or the Mocha Producers Association of America (MPAA)
will pay to have legislation passed to make this illegal.

Long term, the best way is to develop a genetically modified
bacteria that produces coffee flavinoids and caffeine directly
on your tongue, 24x7.  Perhaps insert coffee genes directly
into your genome.

I don't drink coffee myself, but I use #C0FFEE as the gridline
color when I draw graphs with gnuplot.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com