[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] Trimet schedule script

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Tue Jul 7 01:12:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 05:38:55PM -0700, Patrick J. Timlick wrote:
> This article in Business week is about transportation and cars of the
> future, and may well come to pass.  It just the opposite of what Keith
> would have.
>
> > Cars in the next few years will be able to find the fastest route for the
> > morning commute as well as order coffee, pay for it and guide the driver to
> > pick it up.

And the cars will fly!  And, if you violate secret laws,
they will fly you straight to prison at Guantanamo!

Don't believe everything you read in business pornrags.  Cars
don't go far without lots of energy.  Buses and trains don't
either, but they can use less energy per passenger.  Bizporn
is also replete with new fuels made from moonbeams and dryer
lint, but they aren't engineers.  They quote "visionaries",
not "actualaries".  Their agenda is their advertisers.

This discussion is moving into plug-talk territory, so
without more code examples, I am moving it there.  My
intention wasn't to tell the world what We Must Have,
or to produce a 10,000 line GUI application, but to
show how to use wget to slurp information from Tri-met.

If anything, it is to show how Linux users can accomplish
everyday tasks without bloatware and mouseterbation.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com