[PLUG-TALK] Seeking google direct quotes

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Tue Jul 7 01:35:35 UTC 2015

We have heard that Google's motto is "Don't be evil", and some
googlefolk have informally said that, but I have not found an
Offishul Sorse.  I suspect this is what employees tell themselves,
not a direct quote from the employee's handbook, but I would love
to see actual confirmation.

Second, when CEO Eric Schmidt made an unfortunate remark about
privacy: "If you have something that you don't want anyone to
know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.",
this was condensed by the media to "privacy: get over it".
Did he ever actually say the latter, and again is there a
confirmed quote?

Google may say evil things in private, but they zealously guard
such information in public.  They zealously guard their own
privacy!

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com