[PLUG-TALK] Spam Drops to 12-year Low

Richard Powell plug at hackhawk.net
Fri Jul 17 16:02:15 UTC 2015

Well that certainly isn't stopping the botnets that have been
consistently attacking my network for a year and a half now.  1,998
blocked IP's across 11 servers yesterday alone.  If anything, I've seen
an increase in the past three or four weeks.  I just lost a dedicated
server customer yesterday because his box got hacked and he didn't want
to spend the money/time to investigate or deal with it.  Not surprising
since he wouldn't spend the money/time to secure the box in the first
place.  But the timing is interesting with this article.  :-)

Attached is my last 30 days of spam graph.  It's clearly higher than
50%.  And if spam is being stopped before it hits the computers, like at
my network with Barracuda, then customers receiving email and using
Symantec may not see the truth of what is still being sent and/or blocked.

Richard