[PLUG-TALK] Coming soon (2016) to a Unicode near you -- bacon!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 1 22:57:17 UTC 2015

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015, Dick Steffens wrote:

> Good news for those who enjoy texting and eating bacon. A bacon emoji is
> coming. (Insert smiley face here.)

   Groan! Fortunately, my e-mail and text messages are all ... text. I
suppose that those who grew/grow up looking at pictures rather than words
will be quite happy. No wonder effective communications has become so
difficult.

   For those who enjoy eating bacon, ham, sausage, pork chops, etc. I highly
recommend Barry Estabrook's book, "Pig Tales: An Omnivore's Quest for
Sustainable Meat." There's a waiting list at the Multnomah County Library
but it's worth the wait.