[PLUG-TALK] Coming soon (2016) to a Unicode near you -- bacon!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 2 21:19:55 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> In recent news, an American volunteer in the Israeli army was sentenced to
> 11 days in confinement for eating a pork sandwich while in uniform.

   When I lived in Beer Sheva in 1984 (on the research faculty of Ben Gurion
University of the Negev), we bought pork from a local kibbutz because it was
affordable. Beef cost the equivalent of $10/pound; pork was much less. This
was during the time inflation was about 300% per year.

> And what did the great Jewish scholars like Maimonides say?

   In public or in private?