[PLUG-TALK] Underhanded C

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sun Jun 7 07:45:21 UTC 2015

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> FYI: http://www.underhanded-c.org/

Keith> Winners of the 7th Underhanded C Contest are now online.

Keith> The goal of the Underhanded C contest is to write code that is as
Keith> readable, clear, innocent and straightforward as possible, and
Keith> yet it must fail to perform at its apparent function. To be more
Keith> specific, it should do something subtly evil. Every year, we will
Keith> propose a challenge to coders to solve a simple data processing
Keith> problem, but with covert malicious behavior. Examples include
Keith> miscounting votes, shaving money from financial transactions, or
Keith> leaking information to an eavesdropper. The main goal, however,
Keith> is to write source code that easily passes visual inspection by
Keith> other programmers.

Hey, I just read your message and now my roof filesystem is empty!
/me re-reads more carefully!

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net