[PLUG-TALK] Fans

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jun 16 05:14:32 UTC 2015

To keep cool in the summer all I need is a fan. But every year I have
to go to the box store to buy a new one because the one I bought the
previous year has frozen up due to bearing/lubrication failure. And
yes, I've tried to take it apart and add lubrication, but good luck
getting the oil down into what the manufacturer thinks will pass for a
bearing.

When I was a kid you could buy a fan that would last for decades. Short
of buying an industrial grade fan (which are all larger than I want
anyway), does anyone know of a household fan that will last?