[PLUG-TALK] CLEAR Kaput.

Gregory Salter winterbeastie at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 03:33:06 UTC 2015

Are they charging $50 a month for 4/1?

      From: Larry Brigman <larry.brigman at gmail.com>
 To: Off-topic and potentially flammable discussion <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:00 PM
 Subject: Re: [PLUG-TALK] CLEAR Kaput.

I've been with Verizon, now Frontier since I moved into Hillsboro.Frontier seems to be getting better.  About 4 years ago, I called them up since they were sending me advertising about new rates.I called them and they increase my speed and lowered my bill. 10/2 ->25/25Just did the same thing last week. 25/25 -> 30/30.
I have a guy at work that is only paying for Comcast's minimum internet service ->4/1

On 2015-05-06 10:48, Gregory Salter wrote:
> ComCast and Century Link are the big names, but they both want to
> have you get their cable and phone services as well.

They do try to upsell the phone/cable bundles, but I've never had a
problem saying, "No, I just want internet."  Helps when I explain that I
haven't had a TV since the early 90s.  They're usually running some sort
of promo offer with free installation and/or modem, you can also check
https://www.xfinityoffers.com/ .

T-Mobile offers "unlimited" data for pretty cheap.  They will cut your
speed down after you use X amount of data, but they're upfront about it
and X depends on how much you pay them.

But if you can, go local instead.

Regards,
   Aaron