[PLUG-TALK] Region 2 DVD

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Oct 15 02:02:49 UTC 2015

I wish to buy a movie on DVD that is only available in Europe (region
2) and in PAL format.

I have a DVD player connected to a TV set that I never use. When I
bought the player I remember getting the code to make it play DVDs from
anywhere, although I have never used it with anything but region 1 DVDs.

However, I don't really want to watch the movie there. I'd rather watch
it on my desktop computer (Xubuntu 12.04) which has a Bluray
play/record drive as well as a standard DVD drive.

I have no problem with ripping the movie to another format, if that is
what I need to do in order to view it. My only problem is that I have
no idea how to do what I need to do in order to watch this movie.