[PLUG-TALK] Two days left to submit talks to Open Source Bridge in Portland

A. Jesse Jiryu Davis jesse at mongodb.com
Tue Apr 12 01:42:25 UTC 2016

Hi, I'm one of the volunteers for Open Source Bridge this year and wanted
to reach out to you about speaking at the conference. Open Source Bridge
will take place June 21-24, 2016 in Portland, OR.

Open Source Bridge’s purpose is to gather a diverse citizenry and inspire
one another to make the world a better place through open source technology
and open culture principles. We are looking for people from all backgrounds
and areas of experience to submit talk proposals. We’d love to hear about
software, hardware, design, data, journalism, community, and more. Your
starting point could be web development, project management, open hardware
engineering, security, quality assurance, data visualization, user
experience, or one of many other topics.

We know submitting a proposal to a conference can be intimidating,
especially for newer speakers. We want to help support people, so they feel
comfortable submitting a talk. We assembled some resources to help.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to help
out. Below are a bunch of links with more information. Thanks!
- Jesse

Information about speaking at OSBridge:
http://opensourcebridge.org/blog/2016/04/we-want-you-to-speak-at-open-source-bridge/

Current proposals for the conference:
http://opensourcebridge.org/events/2016/proposals

Link to submit a new proposal:
http://opensourcebridge.org/events/2016/proposals/new

Keynote nomination form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16-cTQerBylDFie7Ka0zfjQi2ODCk5wzfxxtLiZPICMw/viewform?c=0&w=1

The current deadline for proposals is 11:59 PM PDT (UTC-7) on April 13th,
2016.