[PLUG-TALK] Considering a Dell XPS 13 Developer edition

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 22:54:57 UTC 2016

My newly acquired system 76 seems to work fine, but:  It arrived with the
bold 3/4" high label on the top spelling "ystem 76".  They offered to
replace the lid to get the writing correct.  I declined, but did not tell
them that I thought my machine advertises their attention to detail.  I saw
that three of the USB connectors have blue insulation, one black.  The
specs I bought to stated two USB2 and two USB3.  Now the specs say one  and
three.  No manual.  No description of the meaning of the various icons on
the keys and labeling the lights.  I guess they do not expect customers to
be first-time laptop buyers.

I hope they paid more attention to the inside of this thing than they did
to the little annoyances.  Within the first two days I had two lock-ups,
but nothing since.

-Denis