[PLUG-TALK] OT: Social security

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Apr 18 23:28:01 PDT 2016

My wife is 67, I am 62, and we just learned tonight about
a change in Social Security rules that takes effect on
April 29 that radically changes a spousal benefit option.

If you and your spouse are in a similar age range (born
1946 through 1954), plan on spending the next few days
studying FAST and making changes in your retirement
schedules ASAP.

I'll be busy helping friends with this until the change.
For those of you who are not affected, please hold off
your curious questions for me until May.  For those of
you who are affected, lets meet and discuss it.

This isn't a sales pitch or anything.  I will feel bad
if my boomer buddies starve to death before they finish
debugging their code, decades from now.

Again, if this doesn't affect you, please wait until May
before asking me questions.  If it affects your parents,
maybe connect them (email or F2F, no phone please), but
they must promise to help you debug your code... :-/

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com