[PLUG-TALK] How secure is Comcast email?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 00:35:13 UTC 2016

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 16:24:23 -0700
Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> dijo:

>On 04/27/2016 03:54 PM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 02:54:21PM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:
>>> You could put the documents under a rock in a park and then tear up
>>> a message about where to find them into 7 pieces and deliver them by
>>> separate carrier pigeons, and trained squirrels.

>> Or each of you befriend a Navajo native.

Although there are few speakers of Navajo outside of "four corners" (the
point where Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado join).

The history of using Navajo for military code is interesting. I doubt
it would work today, given that the language has been extensively
documented, more so than any other North American native language. What
made it work in WWII was the fact that the documentation was largely
unavailable outside the U.S. (no internet), the language is massively
different from Japanese or any Indo-European language (both
agglutinative and fusional), and there were few linguists around to
assist.