[PLUG-TALK] My 2nd gigasecond party

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Dec 19 20:12:37 UTC 2016

I turn 2 billion seconds old on January 20, 2017 at
12:17:20 pm.  My wife is planning a party for that,
partially as a distraction from another event
happening in Washington DC at that time.   If you
would like to skip work ignore reality with us, let
me know.

Keith

PS: to compute your own gigasecond events, use the
gigasecond server at https://www.araneus.fi/gigasecond/
Note that the server has an unfortunate computation
error, seemingly treating the decimal giga as 999 999 960
instead of 1 000 000 000 .  The binary giga calculation
seems accurate.

PPS: My birth certificate says 7:45 am.  I presume my
mother and the obstetrician were too busy with other
matters to note the time to the exact second.  Sadly,
they are not available to ask.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com