[PLUG-TALK] ISA bus extender (was Re: Retro computing)

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Feb 1 12:02:25 UTC 2016

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> writes:

Russell> Does anyone else still have any functioning museum pieces?

This should maybe be cross-posted to the regular plug list, but when I
went to try to plug in the old "Plus Hardcard 20" from my PC6300 into an
old linux box with an ISA port on the motherboard, I ran into a problem
with the full-length, full-depth hardcard fitting on the motherboard.
Some components on the motherboard are in the way, physically preventing
a full connection of the ISA bus socket with the hardcard's edge connector.

Does anyone happen to have some kind of ISA bus extender in their junk
pile that I could borrow long enough to make a solid electrical
connection in order to boot the hardcard up in a linux box and do a full
dd_rescue on it?

Thanks!

--
Russell Senior, President