[PLUG-TALK] Junk mail and calls

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Jan 25 19:41:23 UTC 2016

Two satisfying responses to telephone and mail spam:

1)  When I get a junk call on the land line, I just leave
the phone off hook and let Pradeep talk to my kitchen table.
That wastes their time.  If everyone did that, they'd stop.

2)  When I get junk mail with a return envelope, I tear off
my address from the incoming, write "stop sending this crap"
on that scrap of paper, and send it back in the postage paid
envelope.  That costs them about a buck.  If everyone did
that, they'd stop.

2a) You can stick heavy stuff in the return envelope, and
that costs a LOT more for postage.  Decades ago, craftsmen at
the Tektronix metal shop were pestered with such mail.  They
cut slabs of quarter inch steel with smoothed edges that fit
nicely in the envelopes and sent those back - two pounds each.
Slabs of depleted uranium would weigh five pounds, but could
get you talked about.  Consider tungsten instead.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com