[PLUG-TALK] Card Fraud

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jul 2 03:50:23 UTC 2016

In the past six months I have been the victim of three different
credit card fraud events, the most recent starting yesterday. The card
in question this time was my Linux Fund card, issued by US Bank. So
far, including this time, the losers have been the banks, not me. Not
that I'm fond of banks, but that is still bad.

What I don't grasp is how the culprits do this. The card in question
has never left my pocket, not has it ever been used online. In fact, I
haven't used it at all for several months. No one else could have had
access to it. Some of the charges may have been online (e.g., several at
Home Depot), but one of the charges was at QFC Foods in Gresham and
another was at Powell Villa Ace Hardware. How on earth did they charge a
purchase at a grocery store or a hardware store without presenting the
card?

Any ideas welcome.