[PLUG-TALK] Card Fraud

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 2 12:51:12 UTC 2016

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> But bear in mind that the card has not left my pocket for nearly a year. I
> have made no purchases with it anywhere, not in a real store or online.
> How can the skimmers get the number without physically seeing the card?
> The magnetic strip on the card isn't broadcasting is it?

John,

   Send an e-mail to Brian Krebs, I believe that brian at krebsonsecurity.com is
the correct address, and tell him your story. He may have an answer, or he
might well investigate it and you'll see the results published on his blog.

   BTW, if anyone's interested, his book, "Spam Nation," is very well worth
reading. I've a copy if someone wants to borrow it.