[PLUG-TALK] A plea for assistance from any Comcast customers

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 16:48:06 PDT 2016

I am on Comcast at home and I see this:
whois hostpond.com

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Domain Name: HOSTPOND.COM
   Registrar: ENOM, INC.
   Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
   Whois Server: whois.enom.com
   Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
   Name Server: NS1.HOSTPOND.NET
   Name Server: NS3.HOSTPOND.NET
https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
   Updated Date: 15-jul-2016
   Creation Date: 29-jul-2003
   Expiration Date: 29-jul-2016

lst="www.hostpond.com spam.hostpond.com apple.hostpond.com
tilikum.hostpond.com portal.hostopnd.com"

for i in $lst; do nslookup $i; done

Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

** server can't find www.hostpond.com: SERVFAIL

Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

** server can't find spam.hostpond.com: SERVFAIL

Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

** server can't find apple.hostpond.com: SERVFAIL

Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

** server can't find tilikum.hostpond.com: SERVFAIL

Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

** server can't find portal.hostopnd.com: NXDOMAIN

Running the same on linode instance in TX looks this way:
Server:         74.207.242.5
Address:        74.207.242.5#53

Non-authoritative answer:
www.hostpond.com        canonical name = hostpond.com.