[PLUG-TALK] Google Fiber - delayed

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Thu Jul 21 19:09:34 UTC 2016

my bits, since I'm now 61 I'd like to have something say by the time I'm 66 ?

Let just for now say 'old' PDX, by that I mean the infrastructure
distributed above ground.

Who is going to get the RTU (Right To Use) contracts from start to finish ?

Once granted, who is going to add hardware to the poles ? If the pole
caries any voltage above 24VDC,
you will need to hire certified and insured and bonded installers.
They key cost will be insured and bonding. Even it it all wireless
where is the power going to come from ?

Last time I looked there are not any duplex receptacle on the top of poles.

Going to put nodes on top of buildings instead ? I'd love to be the
insurance agent, I could retire.

Since non of us here can afford the hardware to even do a single
neighbore hood, I'll use mine as axample
Overlook https://goo.gl/7rA7ui Number of households: 2,462. Lets say
2,000 households and only a QOS
of 10%. Maybe only 500 at 7PM are steaming 2-5 MB/s 1000 MBs

It has been a long time but what would the IP for say 1
GB/second/month be today , how about 100 GB/sec/month ?

I could keep going but don't want to be the party pooper

-pete