[PLUG-TALK] SIP channel pricing

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Wed Mar 9 14:39:36 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-09 00:22, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> SIP is "Session Initiation Protocol", the standard for
> internet digital telephony.
>
> Who are good providers for low cost basic SIP phone
> trunking, 2 lines, local telephone numbers?

I've used CallCentric for various SIP-y things for the past ~10 years,
and they seem fine.  Free porting, and while they let you set your own
CID number for outbound calls, they're careful about it.

Before you port, I'd recommend getting a couple cheap DIDs and
forwarding the existing numbers, to verify quality and reliability.

Also, talk to Electric Lightwave (now owned by Integra.)  Their
offerings are usually larger $cale than you are looking for, but it
would be educational.

(Hmm... I still have asterhack.org, trying to decide whether to renew
and get back into community VoIP hacking ala Futel or just let it lapse
and go to a domainer.)