[PLUG-TALK] electrical wiring question

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sat May 28 22:29:40 UTC 2016

> On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Pete Lancashire <pete at petelancashire.com>
> wrote:

>> http://www.how-to-wire-it.com/wiring-a-3-way-switch.html

I studied the diagrams at the link you gave.  It seems that only the
arrangement labeled as power-light-switch-switch has a white-black
connection, and that is in the box at the light.  The black-white
connection I observed is in the switch box on the one traveler connection
used,  and this is for what is now a two-way (only one switch) arrangement.

I expect that this will remain a mystery unless I get some more data--a
photo of the inside of the switch box at a minimum.  I really regret not
paying more attention.

-Denis