[PLUG-TALK] Exploitable Bug in a Programming Language?

Ronald Chmara ronabop at gmail.com
Tue May 31 20:29:37 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>   .... perhaps, Java and PHP coders are
> not as careful in testing for flaws, particularly in the corners. That's a
> different situation.

I recall a great number of C exploits. Because inexperienced and new
programmers were learning a new language, a new paradigm, and wanted
the language to "fix" their security.
I recall a great number of Perl-CGI exploits. Because inexperienced
and new programmers were learning a new language, a new paradigm, and
wanted the language to "fix" their security.
I recall a great number of PHP exploits. Because inexperienced and new
programmers were learning a new language, a new paradigm, and wanted
the language to "fix" their security.
I recall a great number of Java exploits. Because inexperienced and
new programmers were learning a new language, a new paradigm, and
wanted the language to "fix" their security.
I recall a great number of Ruby exploits. Because inexperienced and
new programmers were learning a new language, a new paradigm, and
wanted the language to "fix" their security.
I recall a great number of Javascript exploits. Because inexperienced
and new programmers were learning a new language, a new paradigm, and
wanted the language to "fix" their security.

If only there was some common thread!

(If your preferred language isn't on the list, chances are, I just
haven't worked with it yet.)

-Ronabop