[PLUG-TALK] ooma and Comcast

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 01:40:32 UTC 2016

Posting in OT because it does not relate directly to Linux.

Ooma was recommended by a friend.  It looks good to me.  But I see that at
least some of Comcast's internet TOS says "Limited to one outlet".  Is this
a limit, or does that just mean one modem?

I intend to bug Comcast for a document, but I thought I  would see what you
experts think about this.

I presently have Comcast Internet and Voice for $121/mo.  It seems that
almost half of that is voice.  Ooma is $4/mo.  If I reduce my max download
rate to 25mbs I might be able to get down to $50.  This has strong appeal,
not just financially, but politically as well--Comcast was a major
contributor to the defeat of measure 97.

Incidentally, if your feel that Comcast is raping both their customers and
the State, join me in trying to reduce or eliminate what you pay to them.
If, on  the other hand, you like what they do, increase your payments so
that they do not feel obligated to lean on me.

-Denis