[PLUG-TALK] Campaign badge buttons and hard drive magnets

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Oct 2 06:34:20 UTC 2016

OK, so many of you are probably voting for "Giant Meteor
in 2016 - end this NOW".  For the few of us supporting
minor party candidates ignored or lambasted by the
monopoly media, the only favorable mention they will
get is campaign badges (buttons), lawn signs, etc.

The usual campaign badge has a stick-pin clasp, which
can tear holes in clothing.  However, if you have a
dead 3.5 inch hard drive, you can disassemble it and
remove the "coil magnet", the curved arc of very
powerful magnet that works with the coil at the other
end of the head arm.  A very powerful magnet, about
1 by 4 centimeters, usually glued onto a larger steel
plate.  The magnet can sometimes be pried loose from
the plate with a thin-bladed screwdriver or a putty
knife blade.  Or just leave the plate attached.

I remove the clasp and stickpin from the back of the
campaign button with wire cutters, and use the magnet
inside my shirt to hold onto the steel back of the
badge.  Holds very firmly without straining the cloth.

Be sure to use the magnet to degauss the disk platter
and erase your data, then make something artful with
the shiny platter, too.  Perhaps print "Linus Torvalds
for President" on it with a sharpie and attach that to
your shirt.  Or write "ISIS membership list" on it and
mail it to the NSA.

I hope to see a lot of minor party buttons out there,
and non-torn clothes so that the poor (and cheapskates
like me) can buy them at Goodwill someday.

And don't worry about wasting your vote.  You are
in Oregon, whose few electoral college votes haven't
decided an election since Rutherford B. Hayes.  You
wasted your vote by moving here, a very smart thing
to do, because you can vote however the hell you want,
without consequences.  Reelect Hayes!

Keith

P.S.  The magnets are POWERFUL and can snap at you.
I have a bruise on my thumb where it got pinched
between the magnet and a bench vise.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com