[PLUG-TALK] Massive explosion at 23rd and Glisan - any information? (3)

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Oct 19 17:49:02 UTC 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 10:34:06AM -0700, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Thanks, Dick!  Headline says Burnside, text says Glisan.
>
> More showed up here:
> http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/10/portland_firefighters_respondi_3.html
>
> A picture of a building with the front torn off.  The
> internet is being VERY SLOW right now.
>
> I don't know where the gas mains run, and whether the
> explosion might cause other leaks elsewhere in the system,
> but I asked her to come home NOW (west on Cornell road).
> She can cancel afternoon appointments from here.

My wife is in Beaverton now.  She said that the air was
hazy and smelled of smoke and fumes as she drove west
from her building, and that the cloud is spreading over
the west hills.  Her nose is more sensitive than mine.

So far, not nearly as bad as the 2010 San Bruno gas explosion:
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/San-Bruno-fire-levels-neighborhood-gas-explosion-3175334.php

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com
-----
Don't waste your vote in 2016!  Give it to the Republicans
and Democrats, and they will gladly waste it for you!