[PLUG-TALK] Laptop disassembly

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 21 15:23:17 UTC 2016

   I could use help in disassembling my Dell Latitude 2100 so I can replace
the hard drive. I have step-by-step instructions but ...

   The problem is one metric 2x5 screw in a deep hole that holds the keyboard
in place. The head looks slightly dinged and my screwdrivers are not
loosening this screw. I don't want to strip the Phillips head and it seems
to have been tightened more than necessary. I cannot loosen it with pointed
tip or rounded tip Phillips screwdrivers or flat blades of very small size.

   The hard drive's dead in this machine and I have a replacement SSD but
removing this one screw is holding up the process.