[PLUG-TALK] Laptop disassembly

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Oct 21 09:00:20 PDT 2016

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>    I could use help in disassembling my Dell Latitude 2100 so I
Rich> can replace the hard drive. I have step-by-step instructions but
Rich> ...

Rich>    The problem is one metric 2x5 screw in a deep hole that holds
Rich> the keyboard in place. The head looks slightly dinged and my
Rich> screwdrivers are not loosening this screw. I don't want to strip
Rich> the Phillips head and it seems to have been tightened more than
Rich> necessary. I cannot loosen it with pointed tip or rounded tip
Rich> Phillips screwdrivers or flat blades of very small size.

Is it a torx?

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net