[PLUG-TALK] Google Fiber .. not

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Oct 26 18:37:18 UTC 2016

>>>>> "Pete" == Pete Lancashire <pete at petelancashire.com> writes:

Pete> http://www.pcworld.com/article/3135255/internet/
Pete> google-fiber-puts-expansion-plans-on-hold-to-review-strategy.html

Pete> http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/10/
Pete> google-fiber-laying-off-9-of-staff-will-pause-plans-for-10-cities/

Pete> http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/
Pete> hotly-anticipated-google-fiber-high-speed-service-put-hold-ceo-n672916

Pete> I'm 61 and 1/2. I have a feeling the only way to get 'modern' bit
Pete> rates is to move to another country.

Isn't this exactly the same news we heard a couple months ago?

Thinking Google was going to be our savior was probably a mistake
anyway.  We can and should be doing this ourselves.  Sandy Oregon
managed to do it.  We can too.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net