[PLUG-TALK] Frontier FIOS, routable IP?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Oct 28 21:19:54 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 07:51:05AM -0700, Larry Brigman wrote:
> I have Frontier FiOS in Washington County.  I have the 25/25 plan w/o phone
> (using voip.ms over the top). It is giving me a 50. net address.

Thank you Larry!  That is precisely the kind of useful
response I was looking for.  Tell us what you are
paying for service, and how long you've had it.
Has Frontier started creeping up the prices?

Also, how well does voip.ms work for you?  Tell us
more about that, too.

I'm still using dyn.com (former dyndns.com) for DNS.
More price creep.  I've been too lazy to switch, but
others might have better suggestions.  Dynamic DNS makes
a volatile (but routable) net address quite usable.

Perhaps we should gather information on FIOS, voip,
virtual fax, and dynamic DNS, and create a web page
describing the perfect local combination.  Then we
can discuss that at a PLUG general meeting.

The lesser-employed among us can become consultants,
teaching our non-tech neighbors how to do it.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com
-----
Don't waste your vote in 2016!  Give it to the Republicans
and Democrats, and they will gladly waste it for you!