[PLUG-TALK] Huh? Did he really say that?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Sep 21 23:57:15 PDT 2016

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> The article says that short words are the same in many languages
Keith> because of parsimony.  OTOH, my favorite long word,
Keith> antidisestablishmentarianism, translates into
Keith> antidisestablishmentarianism in 96 out of 103 languages by google
Keith> translate, that always-perfect font of wisdom.

Keith> The exceptions are Bulgarian, Chinese, French (of course),
Keith> Japanese, Telegu, Turkish, and my favorite exception, Hebrew ( יא
Keith> יטנא ).

Keith> Perhaps someone (with a capable can pronounce that for me.  I
Keith> can't even guess how many syllables that is.

Google Translate will generally vocalize it for you if you push the right button.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net