[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] USB enclosures

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 6 17:22:41 PDT 2017

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017, Tom wrote:

> I will, probably, regret getting involved in this in the next 5 minutes or
> even sooner, but for the sake of people forming "qualified" opinions based
> on randomly found internet stuff. I used to be certified for home and
> industrial installations up to 2kV, so I feel that I need to step in here.

   Just to complete the circle, I know enough to not try re-wiring in my
house. When it was built (supposedly to 'code') the wiring was screwy. This
even I could see from looking at what's on each breaker. The garage was a
joke. So I hired a local (bonded) electrician who worked for himself to wire
the garage door opener to the panel rather than to an outlet on a rafter and
clean up the garage wiring mess.

   When I bought a vertical freezer I hired him again to install a pair of
outlets near the freezer, and took his suggestion of having 4 outlets on two
new breakers installed. This has come in very handy.

   So I'm at the other end of the DIY spectrum when it comes to electrical
and serious plumbing work. And I ain't assamed of it. :-)