[PLUG-TALK] The Jesus Battery

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Aug 18 22:46:50 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-18 13:18, Michael wrote:
> Bill Joy on the safe lithium battery,
> https://www.wired.com/story/bill-joy-finds-the-jesus-battery

"Q: When will we start seeing this in production?"
"A: Two to three years for general availability."

Been hearing about solid-state Li batteries for a while, I really hope
this is actually close.  Scaling up production of these ionic polymers
is the big part.

I'd love a major improvement in specific mass or specific volume for Li
batteries, but the world *needs* something more like what this tech
could eventually deliver: cheap, durable high-current rechargeable
batteries that don't use exotic elements.