[PLUG-TALK] Unpaired glove donation site?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Dec 12 08:00:58 UTC 2017

I lost one of my warm padded gloves today, in one of
half a dozen places.  I don't have time to hunt it
down.  This happens to me about once per decade.  If
thousands of others occasionally have this problem,
there must be a lot of warm unpaired gloves out there.

And there are thousands of homeless people who would
love a pair of warm gloves, even if the left and right
gloves don't match identically.

So, where can I donate my unpaired glove, or unpaired
gloves I might find on the street?  There's an outfit
in Boulder Colorado that seems to have the right idea:

http://oneglove.love/

If there is nothing like that in Portland, and nobody
here has time to set it up, perhaps we can collect
enough singletons ourselves to send a box of them to
Boulder at bulk rates.  Ideas?

Keith

P.S.  After a friend recently lost a foot to gangrene,
I imagined a "unipedal shoe buyer's club", where left
and right footed members team up to buy one pair of
new shoes.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com