[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] Need an OLD style BASIC

Michael michael at jamhome.us
Mon Dec 18 16:38:04 UTC 2017

Tom, I feel your pain.
But, But!, the points of the essay were:

  - it enables children to do fun things quickly
  - it does not abstract away the machine very much
  - it gets them started with a reasonable foundation to apply to
learning other languages

given those points and constraints - especially the limited projected
scope of language use - BASIC makes sense.

The essay in no way argues BASIC is a language to be used for general
purpose tasks.

--
       Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
     Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity