[PLUG-TALK] Non-1 calling area from specific cities

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Thu Feb 2 17:42:19 UTC 2017

> On Jan 27, 2017, at 10:58, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>
>   I'm trying to determine where within the 503/971 area codes I can dial
> directly and where I need to prefix the area code with the '1' international
> access code from Troutdale. My web searches aren't finding a map of list of
> cities in the non-1 category.

From my experience, it's carrier dependent.

On my AT&T cellular, I don't have to dial a one for anywhere in the US. 10 digits.

If I'm calling on several of my clients VoIP systems, anything outside the metro area requires a one. On some others, nothing in the overlay area requires it, but calling anything else, including 541, does.

I do not believe there are standardized rules, such as we had with Ma Bell.

-Russ