[PLUG-TALK] Toner for Real Laser Printers?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 7 20:09:54 UTC 2017

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017, Leander S. Harding wrote:

> By which I mean, HP from the 1990s, LaserJet 6P in particular. I've seen a
> couple of people on this list mention they too have printers that have now
> outlived the factories that build their toner cartridges, multiple
> generations of small pets, several major artistic movements, etc. Where do
> you get your toner? I'm down to Cartridge World in Tigard and dubiously
> "geniune" toner found on Amazon/Ebay and not liking my options.

Leander,

   I bought my LJ5 in 1997 and have bought replacement cartridges from
Cartridge World (in Gresham) ever since. I've never had a problem that was
not readily fixed, and none that adversely affected the printer.

   A month or so ago a replacement toner cartridge started leaving toner
streaks on the pages. I brought it in to the CW store and the guy there
cleaned off the roller and the tray into which excess toner is collected.
When that didn't do the trick I returned it and they ordered a replacement
for me at no charge. I think this was the second worn-out cartridge they
sold me and then replaced at no charge.

   I've also bought color toner cartridges from them for my Color LJ 2500C
and have had no issues with them, either.